Tuesday 11 September 2012

Buying Fresh Vegetables Online (in Pune, India): Greenofresh.com

Aah! the convinience of online shopping. And to my list of things I regularly purchase through e-shopping, there is a more recent addition - Vegetables. Fresh Vegetables delivered at my doorstep.
Yes, you heard me right. I now order for my weekly stock of vegetables while sitting at home or in the office and they are delivered to me the next day.

I was introduced to Greenofresh.com through dear friend R. Greenofresh home delivers fruits and vegetables in Pune / PCMC areas and I have been their regular customer for the past five months.
My husband currently has a travel job, and with a new born daughter at home it was becoming increasingly difficult for me to juggle work and home.  And when R told me about this website through which you can order veggies, I could not believe myself. I was initially sceptical about the cost and the quality, but I have not had any complaints so far.


How Greenofresh has helped me:

- The vegetables and fruits are fresh and I have not had any issues in terms of quality. I have loved their leafy veggies like spinach and methi / fenugreek. Button mushrooms are another favourite
- They have a lead time of 1 day. So if you order today, it is delivered the next day. I think the delivery time depends on the city area
- Order confirmation and verification, including delivery time and receipt, through phone calls and text messages
- Payment option is Cash on Delivery which works fine with me
- Their website is well designed and user friendly
- And need I say convinience? Most of the days, I have placed orders after 10pm (after my daughter is asleep).

 


Cost:

- They deliver for purchases above INR 100. Since I order in bulk, this has not been an issue for me. No extra charges for shipping
- I have not really done an itemwise cost comparison. So I cannot comment on wheter the price is marked up or not. But to me, it is the convinience which matters more. I have observed that the individual price varies on a daily basis and my understanding is that it would be linked to the market rates



Some challenges:

- Sometimes, ordering less becomes difficult. For most vegetables (barring fruits and staples like onion and potatoes), the minimum quantity that you can order is 250gms. This can be challenging when it is a small nuclear family.
- It needs planning on your part as the delivery is not on the same day. Also, if you are not available at home during weekdays (9am - 6pm), then you would need to plan to place an order on Friday / Saturday.

So, have you purchased vegetables online in your city? How has the experience been?

P.S.: This is an independent review. I have no linkage to greenofresh.com apart from being their regular customer

I would also like to send across this picture to B&W Wednesday # 49. This event has been created by Susan, and is being hosted this week by her.

15 comments:

  1. M! This is awesome and makes me wish that I could do the same. I tried a couple of other websites for Mumbai, but they dont deliver at my home address as of now.
    Of course, I have the convenience of calling up my sabzi wallah and having him deliver veggies in an hour or so!

    But I love the freshness of the produce in your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks D! I never could order from sabziwallahs because of the time factor (they would not be available after 7 - 8pm) and sometimes because of trust (this does not look like 2 kg of potatoes ;) ).
    I am sure there will soon be a website which will deliver at your residence. After all, if it has happened for me, how can it be far behind for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to deliver vegetables and fruits as surprise gifts to my relatives in pune but the problem is with the payment mode which is either COD or SOD. I have written to website to allow pre payments so that gifts can be sent. There is nothing wrong in sending vegetables as gifts I suppose. I remember when we used to travel from Srinagar city to our relatives in some village in kashmir we used to take vegetables and bakery items alongwith us as gifts

      Delete
  3. When you go to taste Indian food then order for the original not fusion. For each and every item of regional Indian Food Austin please visit : http://www.laxmifarsan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a string of good experiences with greenofresh...but then quite suddenly i also had back to back bad experiences. and this is now making me wary about ordering from them again.

    sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi

    try www.freshmart.in they provide best quality fruits and veggies ( free home delivery ) in certain areas of pune

    contact them on 8983556550

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..you can buy vegetables online...great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

    Online Delivery in India

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's really amazing Website. Which provide vegetables online.We really get benefit from this site.

    Food Vouchers

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice blog and services.helpful for working woman those who dont have time to buy vegetables Online food ordering service in pune

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post is really appreciable and very informative. This is giving me great information. Thanks for posting.

    Online Food Ordering

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

    Restaurans in Anna Nagar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    This is the nice post and this post is really appreciable and informatics .I like this post too much.
    Thanks a lot for sharing such a good source with all, i appreciate your efforts taken for the same. I found this worth sharing and must share this with all.
    vegetables online shopping chennai

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Your views are welcome!