Aah! the convinience of online shopping. And to my list of things I regularly purchase through e-shopping, there is a more recent addition - Vegetables. Fresh Vegetables delivered at my doorstep.
My husband currently has a travel job, and with a new born daughter at home it was becoming increasingly difficult for me to juggle work and home. And when R told me about this website through which you can order veggies, I could not believe myself. I was initially sceptical about the cost and the quality, but I have not had any complaints so far.
- Order confirmation and verification, including delivery time and receipt, through phone calls and text messages
- Payment option is Cash on Delivery which works fine with me
- Their website is well designed and user friendly
- And need I say convinience? Most of the days, I have placed orders after 10pm (after my daughter is asleep).
- They deliver for purchases above INR 100. Since I order in bulk, this has not been an issue for me. No extra charges for shipping
- I have not really done an itemwise cost comparison. So I cannot comment on wheter the price is marked up or not. But to me, it is the convinience which matters more. I have observed that the individual price varies on a daily basis and my understanding is that it would be linked to the market rates
- Sometimes, ordering less becomes difficult. For most vegetables (barring fruits and staples like onion and potatoes), the minimum quantity that you can order is 250gms. This can be challenging when it is a small nuclear family.
- It needs planning on your part as the delivery is not on the same day. Also, if you are not available at home during weekdays (9am - 6pm), then you would need to plan to place an order on Friday / Saturday.
So, have you purchased vegetables online in your city? How has the experience been?
P.S.: This is an independent review. I have no linkage to greenofresh.com apart from being their regular customer