Monday 6 July 2009

Layered Dessert – Mango Special

For me, the biggest inspirations come when I am alone. Like yesterday, when my hubby was to attend the marriage of a colleague, and I was not accompanying him, and had the Sunday evening all to myself. We had bought mangoes in the afternoon, and as always, my husband insisted that we have Mango Shake once he returns from the function. I had other plans though. Since I started this food blog, and before that as well, I had always been impressed with the trifles that a Google Image Search always yielded. Yummy!
So, I decided to try out a Mango Trifle myself. But did I have all the ingredients? Actually, no. I did not have a sponge cake to begin with, nor any whipped cream. I finally created something with whatever ingredients I could lay my hands on and ended up with what I can safely label as Mango Layered Dessert.
The verdict? Hubby was pleasantly surprised, and at the end said “This is really tasty. You can make it again” Yay!
Okay, the image is not as professional as I would have wanted it to be, but like my friend D said: "Go ahead and post it. You can always replace the picture later"


Ingredients: (Serves 2)
Thick custard (made with 250 ml milk, 1 ½ tbs custard powder and 2 tbs sugar)
Ripe Mango: 1
Vanilla Ice cream: 2 scoops
Plum: 1

Method:
- Peel the mango and cut it in small cubes
- Take a tall glass (or a bowl) and put a few cubes of mango. Pour a ladle of custard on it
- Alternate again with mangoes and custard, till the glass is nearly full
- Chill in the refrigerator - Before serving, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, and garnish with pieces of plum, or strawberries
This is also my entry to the Mango Mela hosted by Srivalli.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Your views are welcome!